Just Do It
JUST DO IT...Dan Iroz, 15Sep04
Our thoughts are not His!
And our puny perspective we call ours
Will only grow as we go through our days
Truly repentant, meek and contrite
Reaching out to those we've offended,
And asking for their forgiveness...
Excercising our weaknesses
And limiting our flaws...
Sorry for our sins
And relentless as we begin each day,
Recommitting ourselves to be better,
Making real change in ourselves,
Intent on serving others
And forgetting ourselves.
Owning up to burdens that only the Lord
Can and will surely help us carry
Remembering that much of adversity
Cannot be layed at any man's doorstep.
And most of the rest of it... well...
Knowing it's not ours at all,
Except to teach us, perhaps
One of the most important lessons
We can learn in this life...
To forgive those who've offended us.
And...
Continue forgiving them
For as long as it takes
Just do it.

1 Comments:
I feel your pain and know where you are. Isaac reminds me of you at that age. You just had to experiece everything there was to experience. It is ok Dan. He will be ok. You are too much alike and don't realize it. He will have to come back to his roots and he will. I can read between his lines. He loves you and he is maturing as you say. Just give him a few more years. Just let him figure it out a little longer. He is a good young man. Just confused. I finally just shut the door on my kids rooms because that was finally the only way to survive. My girls were as bad as the boys. Could never see the floor. Just let it be. Close the door and don't look at it. I love you both. Just Do It was thoughtful and I could relate a lot to it. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
<< Home